MOX Desktop Parser - Please Download This

You are about to enter the Defiance forums. Prepare yourself.

MOX Desktop Parser - Please Download This

PostPosted by Walhberg » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:42 am

This is a little guide on how to get an awesome parser that will allow you to see how much damage output, damage received, healing out, and healing received. This is a great program to use for raids to see how well everyone is playing, however, this will not be used to make anyone feel bad about their DPS, heals or tanking abilities. So no getting mad about the way someone is playing with their class. This will be used to help people in understanding their build. This doohickie is fully supported and recommended by Bioware so you cannot get banned from this.

Step 1
-Enable your combat logging to file.
:idea:
This is done via SWTOR in your preferences as shown below. (sorry for the quality, i used this image from a youtube video as SWTOR was in maintenance)

Step 2
-Download MOX Parser from. http://memoriesofxendor.com/parser/desktop/
Make sure when you download this you know where you downloaded it to as you will need to access this often.

Step 3
-Install MOX Parser
This is done by simple double clicking the "Run Parser" Application found in the MOXParser.zip file that you downloaded. Which will extract the program.

Step 4
-Opening and using MOXParser
1. In the MOXParser folder that you just extracted find MOXDesktopParser and double click on it.
2. You should get a program resembling this.

3. Click on the log location and find your combat logs by navigated through some files (As shown below) (IT ONLY WORKS THIS WAY; My Computer/ C: Drive (or whichever you use)/ Users/ Whichever user you are on/ My Documents/ Star Wars - The Old Republic/ then press ok))

Step 5
-Starting the Parser up.
You can either start solo which could be useful when you are running solo and want to compare previous encounters.
Or you can Synch to raid. This is what we will be using and you will be given a Raid key that you will obvious input to the Raid Key: section.
The key only partains to the leader which will be someone that already has knowlege on this.

You will not see any kind of confirmation or any type of acknowledgement that this is running or not until you start fighting.

Hope you enjoy this program and if you have any questions please post here so others can see how these problems are solved. If you don't feel comfortable with that send me a tell on SWTOR on "Walhberg" or PM me here.

Thanks!
Walhberg

Re: MOX Desktop Parser - Please Download This

PostPosted by Sirak » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:26 pm

Any idea if this will work on the training dummies you can get through leagacy? I have a few builds i'd like to be able to test out...im also curious how much more damage (if any) id do from switching charges without a respec while off tanking. So many possibilities..lol
Sirak

PostPosted by Walhberg » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:11 am

Sirak wrote:Any idea if this will work on the training dummies you can get through leagacy? I have a few builds i'd like to be able to test out...im also curious how much more damage (if any) id do from switching charges without a respec while off tanking. So many possibilities..lol

I'm not quite sure how it will work with dummies at all. I need to know if it engages combat while attacking it. cause if so then it shall work. This should be very helpful with finding the perfect rotations as well
Walhberg

PostPosted by Walhberg » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:15 pm

this program does work on dummies. if you cannot afford one for your ship there is one on the shadow ziost bridge deck in the training area. this is the perfect place to test rotations.
Walhberg

Return to -Defiance-